Friday, June 8, 2007

Rachel Carson Tribute

I wanted to take note of the 100th anniversary of Rachel Carson's birth. Certainly it can be said she launched the modern day environmental movement with the release of her book Silent Spring. She was an inspiration to me in getting involved with environmental matters when I was a biology student at Northern Illinois University studying under Dr. Sorenson an environmental champion in his own right.

I started to write a tribute to Ms. Carson and while doing my on-line research came across another post by a blogger who obviously felt the same way I did. In true blogger fashion, rather than write the whole thing myself I will direct you to Brian's post on his site that is so well written my feeble attempt would be shamed if held side-by-side. So enjoy his tribute and remember Rachel Carson for she truly is a modern day hero.

No comments: